Sunday, November 24, 2013

September 23, 2013

Dear Family,

  We found a new investigator this past week! So we've been teaching a
less active family, the husband just got the priesthood and passed the
sacrament yesterday, he is getting married to his fiance, and his 14
year old daughter loves the church, knows its true, and wants to get
baptized! She's on date for October 19.
  We're getting transfer calls tonight. I'll probably stay here. I
hope my comp does too, we get along great.
  Sorry these past few letters have been dull. Not much has been going
on. Well its not so much that nothing has happened its just that I
can't remember the things that have happened! I'll do better this
week, with writing things down.
  My studies are going well. I enjoy reading the scriptures and
finding new things. I'm getting really familiar with the Book of
Mormon. Bible is still tough to understand at times but it's a fun
read as well. One of the cool things about serving here is that we get
taught a ton. For example, one of the guys in our stake, (we are
teaching his less-active son) he is a man who has been called on by
the Prophet at times to write books in defense of the Church and
beliefs and practices and such. His less-active son knows a lot too
and its always fun to go over to their place and teach and get taught.
  We've been working hard as usual, just still haven't caught some
families at home. We gonna start branching out, visiting the same
people over and over again is insanity. Perhaps there is more work in
the spanish ward....
  Hope all is going well! I'm doing great so don't worry about me!

Love,
Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment