Sunday, November 24, 2013

November 4, 2013

Dear Family,

  Another slow week but we're starting to get to know the members. We
spoke to a Navajo family the other day. Still can see very clear on
how they keep practicing the traditions of their parents and aren't
fond of change. Also, we parked outside of someone's house on the road
this past week and went to visit someone down the street. Coming back,
this teenager was taking a picture of our car. When we went to the car
he was shocked and explained that he didn't know it was ours. He
thought it was his sister's boyfriend and was trying to catch her in
the act of cheating! Pretty random thing that day.
  Got off the phone with President Chambers yesterday. Pretty much
guaranteed that I'm staying here in the area. Probably nothing will
change by next monday but that's ok. I'm fine with finishing here.
  Found a good scripture that I really like. 3 Nephi 9:13-15. I hope I
haven't shared it before but it talks about the healing power of God
and the invitation. It's really good and we're gonna use it while
visiting members this week.
  We moved houses this week! We're in a small room now in a spanish
member's basement. It's nice though since I need to stop being spoiled
with nice houses! It's very comfortable though.
  My new companion is doing great. He is learning really well and is
picking up quick. Just wish we could teach more to get him more
experience.
  First snow fell...my clothes are great though! Didn't have any problems.
That's kinda it for now, maybe I'll take a writing class to learn how
to express more or notice more things...anyways! Love y'all! Thanks
for all the support.

Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment