Sunday, November 24, 2013

October 17, 2013

Dear Family,

  Another week gone by! Really more than a week but oh well. And I
have some pictures! One of the baptism in Daybreak(I don't think I
sent it) and some of the houses here around Halloween are getting
pretty intense. They go all out here. Too bad I'm not in Daybreak, one
house there apparently makes national news for its decorations. It's
been a little rough lately with the work. We keep trying to do things
on our own which is hard and not really effective so we really need to
change and follow the counsel of the Prophet and start working with
the members. We have been doing that this week and we'll continue
going on with that as the transfer goes on. I'll probably finish in
this area so that still leaves a ton of time to get to know the
members.
  Well Dad for your non-member worker, I'd say you have the right idea
right now. Maybe finding out if he has a Book of Mormon and giving him
one would be good. And look over Elder Ballard's talk online. I don't
remember all too much off the top of my head but maybe something in
there will help. Hilary is right, he gave a really good talk.
  So my new companion now is Elder Roberts. He is from Draper and is
waiting for his visa to Argentina too which stinks because both of
these visa waiters have been really good companions. He'll probably
head out at the end of the month.
  That's kinda it right now. We're just pumped to go to the temple! Oh
I did get the shoes! They are SO AWESOME. I really can't think I can
wear them until my last day in the mission. Too scared to take them
out of the box. Thank you very much for getting those. We may stop by
the mission office today and pick up the box Hilary and Hannah left.
Looking forward to it. Thanks for the birthday wishes. I feel the
support from home constantly and am very grateful for it. Love y'all!

Elder Parks



No comments:

Post a Comment