Sunday, November 24, 2013

October 28, 2013

Dear Family,

  HAPPY BIRTHDAY HILARY!!! I know its a day late but I thought about
it a lot yesterday. And yes mom the cookie cake arrived intact.
  Had a really hard week again. Nobody came to church on sunday so
we're kinda starting over from square one again. I also got a brand
new visa waiter today, Elder Figueroa, straight from the MTC. He is
from Maryvale, Arizona. Gotta start training him now too! Might just
have him till next week since transfers are next wednesday.
  Being here in this area has helped me see how strong my testimony
has become and how I can answer questions or doubts more effectively.
Just this past week, Juan brought up a question about the Book of
Mormon, how the Bible doesn't testify of it. I opened up to Ezekiel 37
and shared that with him (all in spanish!!!) and after explaining it
to him and sharing powerful testimony, Juan starred at me, then looked
down at the Book of Mormon and said "Well I guess I have to read it."
I just wish he would come to church!
  So mom to answer your questions! We haven't done any outdoors stuff
lately. No hikes or anything but we mainly play sports in chapels
which is where we do emailing too (Family history computers). Today
were gonna play volleyball. We're still living in a members upstairs
apartment with 2 other missionaries. They're looking for a house for
us and we should be moving this week. I haven't tried the pomegranates
but I'm a little to try them. Halloween, we are doing a temple session
as a mission again which will be fun.
  Alright well thats all for now. Love y'all!

Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment