Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May 13, 2013

Dear Family,

  It was really nice to talk with everyone yesterday. I forgot to say it on the phone so I'll say it now. On wednesday, we had a mission conference and Elder Holland was the guest speaker!!!! I also had to say the opening prayer and when I ended it I was walking offstage and Elder Holland said, "Thank-you Elder." Since Elder Holland has acknowledged my presence, my life is now complete! HAHAHA! He gave a good talk about how our missions need to change us and that we can't risk going back to what we were before the mission. He also told us why he thought missions were hard and he thought that it's because salvation ain't cheap and since it wasn't easy for Jesus then it won't really be easy for us as well. HOWEVER, because its hard, that means the blessings are greater! And I'm 100% sure that y'all at home have seen the blessings of us serving missions.
  Let's see...I finished the Book of Mormon in spanish, and Doctrine and Covenants, and Our Heritage...I'VE READ SO MUCH!!!
  Hey so just something on my mind, I've seen a lot of less-active families that could be so much happier if they were still living the gospel. I'm so happy that we're all still faithful in the gospel and we can see the blessings that come from it.
  So I studied a talk this week that I think is from a college professor I think. It talks about the exodus, Lehi's dream, and other items. It focuses on the atonement, as with everything in the gospel. In it he quotes a talk by elder Nelson about the atonement and he breaks down the word. At-one-ment is what it looks like when broken apart. It means to be at one with someone which is what the atonement does with Christ and us. Other words in other languages relating to atonement is expiacion which means "to atone" and reconciliation, which broken down to its latin roots is RE (again), CON (with), and SELLA (seat). It literally means 'to sit again with.' The atonement literally does that with us. The Book of Mormon talks about bring us to Christ and being wrapped in His arms of love. It truly brings us to Him and makes us ONE.
  Thats all I got right now! Talk next week!
Love,
Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment