Wednesday, May 29, 2013

April 15, 2013

Dear Family,

  Well, first transfers happened this week. My Australian comp left for KAMAS, I only had for 4 weeks and I was bumbed because he was leaving. Plus, he was a lot of fun, we just had weird experiences together. I received Elder Allen again! He is the missionary that I trained back in August. We're getting along well.
  This week we found a lady that is visiting from Colombia. She's already read the Book of Mormon and has prayed about it and felt "peace, like it was true" so we're gonna teach her!
  So to answer questions, this area is one of, if not, the biggest spanish area in the mission. We cover all of Riverton and all of Bluffdale. Many members live outside the area but they do help our the branch a lot in most of the leadership positions. It's not exactly half of the members, but many live outside the area.
  Also, for the Malibu, it turned out it was just a dead battery but thats a dead car. The car was fixed in a day so it wasn't much of an issue. My Australian comp said the car just fails at everything, and he's pretty much right.  However, the car gets us around places.
  So when my trainer came up for conference, he was up with his family for a 2 week period. He visited all the people he knew during his mission. There was also a mission reunion during that time too that the previous missionaries got to go to. I took a picture and I'm sending it in this email.
  Also, I failed to get a picture in the pink cadillac! We actually drove up to conference in a Mazda (the sports one or something like that). It was still a nice car but it wasn't a Mary Kay Pink Cadillac!
  That's all for now! Love y'all!

Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment