Wednesday, May 29, 2013

April 8, 2013

Dear Family,

  Conference was fun. Saw a few people from home/college but couldn't remember their names so I didn't approach them. Haha. I also met up with my trainer at conference. It was a brief moment but it was still nice to see him. He's going to school in Bogota Colombia right now so I'll haven to wait a while before I can see him again. I really liked this past conference, lots of talks about missionary work, perhaps the members around here will start helping us out more.
  We cover just one branch right now. It's a good branch, and they work but they aren't too focused on missionary work. We wish that we could visit more of the members, but about half of the members live outside the branch boundaries. They take care of us for meals though, a little too well sometimes.
  I don't drive the car now. I prefer to not drive because we got call numbers on the back of our cars and we can get a lot of bad driving calls. Which doesn't make sense because the people here drive worse than us. Haha
  I'm not always senior companion too. Leadership positions are determined by the Mission President and they can change as often as he is inspired to do so. Leadership is never permanent.
  With the mission being divided, all we know so far is that the english areas should be divided. Most spanish areas should stay the same and we should only lose 3 or 4 companionships, thus leaving a little more than 30 spanish missionaries.
  The place we live in right now is another basement apartment. It is well suited with a bedroom, a large kitchen area, a bathroom and some study desks. Members live above us and they are very kind and polite. I'll take some more pictures of the place and send them next week!
  That's all I got for now. Love y'all

Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment