Wednesday, May 29, 2013

April 29, 2013

Dear Family,

  Almost 15 months! It goes way too fast!
  Well we don't wear suits every single day now, but my black suit is shinny but my grey one is holding up great. Actually, thinking about it, make it 2 white shirts and 2 slacks (30x30). I had to trash some slacks because they got too sunburned. Like the color at my thigh was brown when it should have been black.
  I DO have a lot of blue ties and I like them! I have a rotation so I don't wear the same one days in a row. I can tie it and get the right length on the first try a lot but sometimes it takes me 2 or 3. You'd be really proud of me Dad!
  I did the 1 event thing again this past week and this is what happened:
Monday, after P-Day we had 3 lessons so we did nothing but teach people all night! It was my first time doing that and it was amazing!
Tuesday, we had our last interviews with President Miller. He shined my shoes in my interview with him and it was really humbling. He said he couldn't wash my feet though(!!!!!!) but he said he could shine my shoes. He then talked about my testimony and how it had changed. It was a very nice interview, perfect to end on with him as my mission president. We still have one more zone conference with him but that will be it for personal interviews with him.
Wednesday, we were tracting and we found a huge abandoned house. We thought it was inhabited but it wasn't. It was fun though.
Thursday, we were invited to a bishopric training by a stake president. Naturally we went and we had to bear our testimonies in front of 10 bishops, all their counselors, and the stake presidency. It was really scary doing it but we got through.
Friday, this less-active girl and her friend who is taking the lessons in english told us about how they didn't feel that the english missionaries taught with as much care and we did. They told me and Elder Allen that we have something special, and we treat our investigators very special like gems. It was very nice to hear that from people we teach.
Saturday, we met an RM the day after she got back from Guatemala. The cool thing is, she is the convert in a polygamist family who is going to help us bring more young converts from the UAB(United Apostolic Brethren/Polygamist) church. She is going to be a huge help for us.
Sunday, nothing really interesting happend.

We continue to teach our 2 prepared investigators. They are progressing really well. They are looking good for their baptisms.
Thanks for all the suppport, couldn't do this without y'all.

Love,
Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment