Monday, January 28, 2013

January 28, 2013


Dear Family,

  So for transfers, I'm still in the same area, I'm still a district leader, I gained a new companionship, and a new companion!
  Oh and by the way, I am eating some apples and strawberries and turkey sandwiches so I'm mixing up the meals a little. We do fairly well for our dinner list. Every other week we're booked with the spanish branch. The english wards have been slacking. Kinda disappointing.
  I can't believe it's Bishop Anderson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's cool! I'll be coming home to a Bishop Anderson!
  So I reviewed my allowances that I've received in the past few months and decided that I don't need to ask y'all to buy me clothes! I won't get everything at once but over time. I'll let y'all know if I need anything special. I have 3 suits right now but I'm about to trash one. My shoes and boots are staying good and keeping me warm and dry. My socks are staying together as well.
  So this past Thursday was my first experience with black ice! It was fun to go skating for a little. We still had a zone meeting that day and everyone had to drive there haha. I thought half of us would've died.
  On saturday we began role playing during comp study to a stuffed elk in the basement with us! It was fun and added a change to our studies.
  Sunday we had a blizzard come through! Our cars got grounded and so our Branch President asked us if he could take us to an appointment who actually wasn't there. We tried to leave the apartment complex, but his car couldn't make it up the hill because of the snow and ice! So we proceeded to walk towards walmart to get picked up by a member in the ward.
  I love this work. It is so much fun serving the Lord, and meeting strange and fun people. The experience of changing the lives of families and individuals is amazing.
Love y'all!
Elder Parks

P.S
If you could send me Caleb and Paul's addresses again that would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment