Tuesday, January 1, 2013

December 10, 2012


Dear Family,

  So we got transfers coming up! This wednesday is transfer day so next week who knows where I'll be.
  Thanks for the Christmas box! I grew the little tree that y'all sent! Thanks for the candy supply, mine was getting a little low. If y'all could find sour starbursts that would be awesome. The Christmas CD is great too! We listened to it like 5 times. Could I somehow get a copy of the Tab Choir CD that we have and listen to all the time during Christmas? That would be nice. I'm expecting my LOA chart today so thanks very much for sending that.
  It snowed again yesterday and is snowing right now. It's cold but I'm doing great! I'm staying warm.
So right now we're teaching 3 families! My district is doing awesome! They're such good elders and they've been doing so well in the work. It stinks because most of us may get moved this wednesday. In the past 2 months, we as a district have baptized about 21 people! It's awesome to see the work progress.
  So we've heard that China is going to open to missionary work. Is that true? They're going to be serving for 3 years for the missionaries that start those areas.
  I've enjoyed reading chapter 3 and 4 of 3 Nephi this week. It's neat to see the Nephite's courage in the face of almost total destruction. This mission is very new and the missionaries here are kinda scared of everything. They need help with that courage.
  Our mission just got bumped from 200 total missionaries to 250! We're going to be getting 50 sister missionaries here. Some elders may have a hard time, and being in leadership is making me nervous about that.
  So for us Christmas is a free day, so I can call anytime before 4 (we have a mission conference that night) so whenever is good for y'all will work. I'll call to confirm again the day before like I did last time.

  Hope everyone is staying safe!
Love,
Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment