Monday, January 28, 2013

January 21, 2013


Dear Family,

  Well it's been super cold! Apparently it was -1 this morning. Ridiculous. However, I'm staying as warm as I can. I'm lucky to have a car.
  We got transfers coming up this week. I'm pretty sure I'm staying (President told me kinda) as a district leader here. He also told me that I'll be getting a new companionship in my district so I'll be up to 6 missionaries again rather than 4! My interview with him was interesting (we had interviews this past tuesday). He had me read 2 Nephi 2:25. He then told me that to be joyful/happy was a commandment! Haha he thinks that I came to this mission to change into an optimistic person! He's probably right. I'm starting to change. It's just been hard though this past transfer, with the area itself and also with others in the district. President challenged me to have my 2nd year of my mission to be happier than the first.
  I don't have a crock pot taylor but I think I should be fine without. I'll work on my cooking here in the mission. I'm gonna try some things and hopefully then turn out good!
  Also, with my year mark coming up, I'm gonna be replacing all my clothes. Should I keep a pair of garments forever to remember my mission? I have about 35 dollars for Target so I can get some shirts on my own. Garments, I don't have my sizes memorized so I'll get back to y'all next week on that. Suits and slacks, don't need to worry about. My suits are worn (one I've already trashed because of it always getting holes) but a service missionary in my branch gave me two free suits that fit me! Both jackets and slacks fit perfectly. So I'll get back to y'all next week on clothes that I need!
  We started Luke today! I think it's interesting that we have a book of the Gospel written in Mary's perspective. Matthews was in the eyes of Joseph and Luke is in Mary's perspective.
  Hope everyone is doing alright!
Love y'all
Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment