Tuesday, January 1, 2013

December 3, 2012


Dear Family,

  So I'm feeling a lot better now. It was just a stomach bug apparently
With your question mom, we stay with english members. The spanish families here sadly couldn't afford to have us. For the most part, the spanish members are very poor. Perhaps there are one or two houses here in the mission that are spanish speakers but I don't know.
   I received the box from the relief society last week. It was really awesome to get that. I think I've gotten addicted to the drink mixes they sent with it. Please thank the relief society for me for sending it.
  Alright, well I only thought about another Texas Highways Calender. So far that's all I can think of for Christmas.
  Taylor, I'm gonna tape it inside both my scripture sets. However, whatever size you send me, I can adjust it at an Officemax or something so just send whatever you feel like sending!
  So on monday I got really sick and didn't work that day. Tuesday, I was still sick but went out and worked in the evening. Wednesday, we saw a skateboarding dog! His name is Chief and he is a bulldog type. Look him up, he should be a youtube hit. It's funny because I was just climbing out of the car and I see a dog on a skateboard heading toward me! We're gonna go back to get a picture sometime. Thursday, we got dropped by an investigator which was sad. He told us that he was moving to Provo that day and didn't want to talk to missionaries anymore. Friday, I did an exchange with the zone leaders and we SPRINTED EVERYWHERE looking for a miracle! We found a few potentials but nothing special. Saturday we had a miracle for the english elders! We were tracting and ran into a guy who wanted to know how to be baptized! We happily told him that we knew some english guys that could help him so that was fun. Sunday, our investigators came to church and was surprised by the experience and told us that "Is this a mormon church? Because it's kinda like a Christain church because y'all talk about Christ" Of course we're Christian! We love Christ!
  Well that was my week. Hope y'all have a great week and I'll talk to y'all at Christmas!

Love,
Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment