Tuesday, January 1, 2013

December 31, 2012


Dear Family,

  So, where is the picture of the TV??? I figured you probably won't send one until I send some pictures home. I'm going to go buy a new cord since apparently I lost the original. I'll get the pictures next week.
  I forgot to mention this in the phone call home, but how much is one twinkie worth now? We were tracting one day and a member opened up. We talked for a little then asked if she knew any spanish speakers. She didn't so then she felt bad and wanted to give us something. She said, "Elders would you like some water, or a twinkie???" I accepted without hesitation of course. So now I got a twinkie in my freezer and don't know what to do with it!
  Also, please forgive me but I did not know of this information. I missed the announcement at the conference (I wasn't in the gym at the time when it was made) but we had unlimited time to talk to family on Christmas and we could also talk to other families at the same time while calling home, so yeah I apologize for that.
  Christmas was good. I visited my old landlord, and she was really happy to see me. She's been sad for the past few holidays because of the passing away of her husband and son so she said my visit really helped her. We spent the rest of the day visiting families.
  IT NEVER STOPS SNOWING!!!!!!! ALL I DO IS SHOVEL SNOW!!!!!!!
  So anyway, this past saturday we had A MARRIAGE AND A BAPTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was really stressful but it all worked out! In two hours, our branch president got them married and then the branch president and I baptized them! It turned out really good. They are going to be confirmed next sunday. So that makes two families now! In a year I can go to their sealings!!!
  So tonight we're getting a visit by Elder Christopherson!!!! Also, we get to watch a few selected movies and play sports and such for the conference. Tomorrow we just work like usual.
  Love y'all!

Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment