Sunday, February 2, 2014

December 9, 2013

Dear Family,

  So yes it has been freezing but we've been doing ok! With me being
the only member of the district having a car, my companion and I have
been walking as much as we can. Just trying to lead by example and
work along side them. Hopefully it inspires them that I'm out there in
the cold with them.
  We didn't see the Christmas devotional last night because God
decided to bless us with a miracle! So there was this recent convert
who has been attending church for months. She has a daughter who is a
non-member and just said yesterday in Young womens that she wants to
get baptized! We spent the evening trying to contact her and when we
taught her, the spirit was very strong. She accepted to be baptized
this coming sunday! Her desire is super strong now all we have to do
is meeting with her and fill in the gaps she doesn't know. Miracle for
sure!
  Don't know our plans yet for Christmas. Not too sure about skype. I
would need to find a place to do it. I'll see what I can do and get
back next week. As far as I know I'm doing good with the things I
have. My scarf, gloves, coat, boots, and cap are all in good
condition. The only things that come to mind are that CD, new
scriptures but I would like those after my mission. And a laptop for
when I get home too :D. Just that CD will do for right now though.
  I was reviewing my goal list that I set at the beginning at the
year, and I've found out that I've met a lot of them! So far I only
missed on doing one (writing in journal at least once a week), but
with the books I wanted to read and the spanish I wanted to know, I've
accomplished a lot of them! Lots of green checks on the list.
  Oh and I got the package from y'all! Thanks for the fun things.
Thanks for all the help! Know that God is taking care of me. I'm in His hands.

Love,
Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment