Sunday, September 2, 2012

August 27, 2012


Dear Family,

  I can't believe this month is almost over! The time seems to be going by a lot faster. Seems like only yesterday that I was saying good-bye to my trainer. I have special permission to email him (stamps to Colombia would get expensive). I really miss having him here to help guide me in situations that I didn't know how to handle. He was a zone leader here in the mission for about 75% of his mission (consecutive transfers). And that says a lot because for about the first year and a half of his mission, the Salt Lake City South mission was really bad and disobedient. He had so many situations and experiences. He sent me a message today saying that he was really proud of my for training and giving him his first grandson!
  Sorry for not telling you about meeting the Smith's brother in the temple! There's so many people I talk to everyone just blends together. 
  So we didn't have any baptisms this week but we did find 9 new people to teach! I don't know how we found 9 people but somehow we did! So for us, within the past two weeks we've found 13 new people to teach! We're gonna be working very hard to meet with all of them but it will be hard because all of them can only meet with us in the evenings during the week. Good thing we have a car every other week.
  Is Hilary in a spanish assignment? Why did you ask us both how the language is coming? Hilary, I'm sorry. You write so much! I don't have enough time to read it all!
  That's all I got right now. Besides finding 9 new people this week didn't have many interesting things going on. (Besides the district exercise we do every morning from a makeshift P-90X thing kicking my butt everyday!)
  Hope everyone is doing great! Love y'all!

Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment