Monday, September 24, 2012

September 3, 2012


Dear Family,

  So President Miller called me Saturday morning and told me that I was needed in Sandy. 6 hours later I was in Sandy. So I'll be spending the rest of this transfer (about 2 weeks) in Sandy. He also told me that I'll be moving to another area in a few weeks to be a district leader....I never wanted authority in the mission! So after being in my area for 5 months, I was called out of there. It stinks that I can't keep training Elder Allen.
  So yeah that's whats going on now. In my last area we were suppose to have a lot of lessons this past week but most of the lessons ended up not happening this week. Many people canceled and the rest just weren't at home. Oh well. I'm starting to get used to people not being there. Being here in Sandy is so much weirder that being in Kearns! The houses are actually nice here. I'm not so sure if I'm really used to it, hopefully I get sent to another poor area as a district leader.
  I'm in a trio now, I'm with Elder Gomez (my last companion) and I'm helping him train Elder Toborg! So yeah I got a piece of training both the people that I knew coming in last transfer.
  We had zone conference this past week. President Miller gave us a lengthy talk about the Book of Mormon. He went about 1 Nephi pretty much explaining how Joseph could not have written it. For example in 1 Nephi 13 (I think) Nephi talks about the Spirit of the Lord coming upon Columbus for sailing to America. That was before the journals of Columbus were found. In his journals, he talks about the Spirit of the Lord coming upon him and prompting him to sail across the ocean. Pretty cool stuff.
  It's hard to talk about stuff about the mission! I'm having a lot of fun but I keep forgetting to write down the fun stuff! I'll keep working on that this week so that I actually have something interesting to write about.

Hope everyone is doing great! Love y'all

Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment