Monday, August 20, 2012

August 20, 2012


Dear Family,

  This week went SO WELL. Pablo, the little boy that got hit leg banged up, came to church yesterday and was finally confirmed! Also, we had a baptism earlier this week for a little boy named Fabian. It was a short little service because he wanted it on his birthday. So he was baptized and got confirmed yesterday so we had two confirmations yesterday!  What also made this week good was that my companion and I have been getting along great. He's getting accustomed to missionary life and we're both learning to have fun and laugh during the work. We also found a few families that want us to come back! We'll be meeting with all 3 families within the next 2 days. The ward and the ward mission leader are starting to be more supportive. It's nice to have some support from them.
  So on P-Days, we can go anywhere in the mission (except Park City because we need special permission for that). During the week though, we're confined to our assigned area which for me is about 2 miles wide and 3-4 miles deep. Usually on P-Days, with the time we have left after laundry, shopping and emailing, we either play some board/card games and on rare occasions we have zone activities like going to Airborn (a trampoline arena), or go hiking. Our district is always together for P-Days and usually we all just play games at someone's house or hang out at a church building.
  In our mission, we are allowed to take investigators to Temple Square on special tours. There are some requirements that need to be met first, but that option is available to us. I've tried before with some investigators but haven't been able to do it yet. We're going to try it though in a few weeks with these new families we have started teaching.
  One thing that I did to help me reduce my stress, I added notes to a little card that Taylor gave me shortly before leaving for the MTC. I have written on it some inspiring lines from Apostles and scriptures and it also has everyone's name written on it(Paul,Beth,Matt,Taylor,Hilary,Hannah). It's nice to carry around in my shirt pocket during the day. Gives me reasons to keep going.
  The picture, it looks like we're both mad, but I promise we aren't! Oh and it is me and my district leader in the picture. My greenie wasn't able to attend the baptism, nor did he want to come either because he only taught the kid once. My greenie still has a lot to learn.
  Something funny that happened yesterday, was that a kid asked me if I liked girls. I told him yes, then he proceeded to call me a girl because I liked girls. I thought it was odd, but funny.
  Also, I'm starting to wear out my socks. If I could receive some new black socks it would be nice.

Thanks for everything and for all the support!
Love y'all

Elder Parks


No comments:

Post a Comment