Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August 6th, 2012


Dear Family,

  We've been out for just over 6 months! Crazy.
  I'm getting farther ahead in my Spanish reading of the Book of Mormon! Isaiah is sooooo confusing! However it's cool though to continue learning more in another language! It's neat to see just how powerful of a person Jacob was! Some of his teachings are phenomenal.
  We had a baptism yesterday! the english missionaries found him by tracting and handed him over to us. At first we were teaching his uncle, who just complained the entire time that God has never helped him in his life. When we were about to stop teaching that house completely, Pablo told us that he has always wanted to be baptized! So from there on, we taught, he listened, he learned, and yesterday he entered into a covenant with God and was baptized! It was so amazing to finally get a baptism after 5 weeks of working really hard.
  So transfers are this week. Still have no clue as to what is going to happen. I could move, I could train, I could train and move, I could be the new District Leader (hopefully not). I'll write you next week about what happens.
  I'm sad that I missed softball at Mo Ranch! We don't play that many sports here. It's kind of lame at times. Mostly it's just basketball day after day and with my lacking skills in that, there isn't much desire to do that. There is a school nearby though which has monkey bars, so maybe we'll start going there for workouts.
  I should be receiving you packages today, we always get mail after we do our emailing.
  There is some talk that the new President in the Central mission will send Spanish missionaries to cover the other half of our ward. It just really sounds like a bad idea, nor would it make sense because they still have to come to our area each Sunday to come to Church.
  When does school start up for Hannah? Has she been thinking about any colleges yet (I'm sure she gets that a lot)? Do Taylor and Matt know about what school he will be attending to finish up med school?
  I'm a little behind in my letter writing to everyone, so I'll try to send some responses to people this week (the Andersons, President Hollingsworth, Bishop Sagers)
Thanks for all the support! Looking forward to the packages today. Love y'all

Elder Parks


Trenton then sent us another email later in the day and he wrote,

Oh yeah, I just got called and I'm training... :)




No comments:

Post a Comment