Sunday, September 15, 2013

September 2, 2013

Dear Family,

  Glad to hear everyone had a great time here in Utah! I probably saw the truck driving on I-15, it was just a speck because I'm a few miles away but maybe!
  So interesting experience, Elder Bednar showed up to one of our wards! He went to the ward which is where Josh, the 18 year old got baptized last week. Bit of background for him, he got disowned by his family for being baptized and they took away his car, phone, school, everything. They send him hate texts and threats a lot. During church Elder Bednar stood at the stand and asked Josh come up. He talked to
Josh for about 15 minutes and promised him that as he stayed close to the temple and stayed worthy, his parents' hearts would be softened.
It was exactly what Josh needed to continue. Hopefully we can get to the temple with him tomorrow to do baptisms. We then got to shake Elder and Sister Bednar's hands.
  Yes Mom, the prison is in the mission. While I was in Sandy the prison was in my area. I tried to get permission to teach there but they wouldn't let me. Don't worry I have divine protection. Also I haven't been on the trains that y'all went too. I've only used Trax.
  Vacation? I will for sure go for beach location. I have horrible tan lines thanks to my white shirts. I'm really short on time right now but I'm looking forward to mail pick up!

Love y'all and good luck in school!

Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment