Wednesday, September 11, 2013

August 12, 2013

Dear Family,

Hilary goes home tomorrow?!?!? Seems like only yesterday we were saying goodbye at the airport!

Dad, what kind of Projects are you saving for me? I'm actually having concerns about coming home and when to start up school. I'd like to spend a summer home since I haven't done that in 3 years now. Not that this info is on my mind constantly but it's at the back of my mind and with 4 transfers left in the field it creeps in at times. I'll talk to President about it when I get to 2 or 3 transfers left. Haven't considered going abroad for study but I'll for sure put in a minor in Spanish at college.

First off, Oquirrh, I'm not even sure I'm spelling it correctly. And for pronouncing it, its like Oak-Her. Just put the emphasis on the Oat the beginning. Oh yeah I got the side bag a number of weeks ago. Not sure if I mentioned it but its great and works for me perfectly.

No news on transfers yet. We get our transfer calls tonight actually so you'll find out next week what happens. Usually for us, from what I've seen is that missionaries who are good at making relationships
with the members stay longer in areas than other missionaries. They try to get us to have a really good relationship with the ward members because then more work comes out of that relationship. For example in
my first area, one companionship of elders were there for 11 months without any changes.

In other news, I didn't tell this for a long time but now I can. The golden member family that we baptized back in October went less active back in Feb. They got offended by members in the branch and the
service missionaries and quit coming to church. Found out about 2 months ago that they moved. Found out 2 days ago that they moved to Texas! Have no clue which part though. They also called the Ward Mission Leader and said they were going back to Church! So to me, that makes me extremely happy.

I'm going good right now for sheets and clothes. I think I can make everything last for the home stretch. Except socks, I need more black socks.

Mom, I could type in Spanish in the MTC but have since then forgotten how. It's quite embarrassing but I'll learn again!

  That's all for now!
Love y'all! Give Hilary a hug for me!

Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment