Sunday, September 15, 2013

August 26, 2013

Dear Family,

  So I forgot that last week, my new companion is Elder Clark, he's from Ohio and is a really good companion. We teach well together and get along great. We're both getting use to Daybreak, and we're liking it.
  We had a zone conference this past week which was nice. Got motivated to go find, teach, and baptize again. Then it hit me afterwords that I only have one more zone conference left in my mission. So the next zone conference I'll be giving my departing testimony. Still no news yet as to Facebook, iPads, etc. I heard this past week that the Provo mission gets iPhones. Not to sure if that is true or not.
  This past week with all the thunderstorms we saw lightning strike Angel Moroni! He's a tough guy though, nothing happened but it was really loud since we were less than half a mile from the temple.
  We also had an awesome baptism this past week. Josh, he's 18, and his story is amazing yet sad. He's had a ton of experiences that led him to believe the message. However his family wasn't for it at all. Last sunday, he told his family he was getting baptized and they kicked him out of the house with nothing. Literally nothing, just him in his birthday suit. But it didn't faze him! He kept on going and got baptized and confirmed this past weekend. Also yesterday the couple at my last area, the ones that only needed to get married, got baptized yesterday! I went to that baptism as well so it was nice to see some familiar faces.
  About managing wards and getting to know everyone, simply put it's hard to know EVERYONE. It's been so hard lately to even memorize all the bishops. We usually do splits to get to all the wards.
  That's all for now!
Love y'all!

Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment