Sunday, August 11, 2013

July 29, 2013

Dear Family,

  Y'all went there for the Parks fling???? I love that place! Oh I also brought my camera today so I'll attach some pictures.
  Not much is changing right now in regards to new proselyting methods. The only change is that we walk all day now because our car is out of miles for the month haha
  We did survive the storms mom! The good thing about Utah is that normally the storms here rain for a little (not pouring) and then pass on. I have yet to be caught in a really bad down pour for more than 15
minutes.
  Thanks for the compliment mom! My sewing is good, just not really. I just put the needle through the shirt enough times to make it hold. So far my shirt pockets have held with the stitching so they're looking good. I did finally manage to get the shirts back to target but I just took them for a gift card. Target is too far for us to go back but the store also didn't have any white button up shirts due to remodeling. It's fine though, I have enough white shirts to last.
  We didn't do anything special for pioneer day. Just worked as usual. Of course, to me though pioneer day still isn't a huge deal.
  Taylor, my favorite temple is downtown. I've heard Oquirrh Mtn is good but I still haven't been there. South Jordan is the same as Provo in my opinion and Draper is pretty nice. We should be going to Oquirrh
Temple sometime in the next few weeks though.
  At temple square, we do tours and the sisters there help us teach. We go to specific areas depending on the need of the investigators. For messages on the restoration we always go downstairs to talk about Prophets. For families, and how the gospel blesses them, we always go upstairs to the Christ statue and the family video they have near there. It's a great place for them to feel the spirit. Plus the visual aids help them learn quicker and understand things better.
  The activity we had on Friday was great! We made it like a science fair almost. Each organization had it's own booth and the group of about 60 people that showed up all went as a group to each station and received a presentation. I was the tour guide which was fun! We had many members show up and the families we were teaching. The activity solidified the investigators we had so it was a huge help and it was a
lot of fun too!
  The area has been picking up a lot recently. We teach more and more people start coming into the area and we teach them. Some days are hard still but everything goes a lot smoother than it use to. I'll
send some pictures in another email.
Love y'all!
Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment