Sunday, August 11, 2013

July 22, 2013

Dear Family,

  So Jesus taught that we should forgive 7x70 times. With that in mind, I forgot my camera! I'll try again next week.
  I'm glad that the Parks fling was fun! That jeopardy game looked intense. I think I couldn't only get a few of them. Where was it at? I saw mention of a beach, Port Aransas perhaps??? I love that place!
  The work here is going good. Church kinda self destructed on us yesterday as neither of the families we are teaching came to church (we found another family, rather re-found them as we haven't taught them in a while). However, things turned around as our Temple Square appointment held up that evening with one of the families. We took them and had a lesson about families and that with faith all things are possible. It was good for them because each spouse needs to get divorced and then get married. They had a great time and really enjoyed it. It was all good except when some stupid guys tried flirting with our Sister missionaries that took us on the tour. In the middle of the lesson they started it, my comp was about to smash them (he had a scholarship to play football at utah state so he's a beast). Fortunately they left so its all good.
  We attended PEC yesterday morning as well. Us and the Ward mission leader kinda work hand in hand. The meetings go OK here. Branch council is finally gonna happen twice a month which will help out a
lot. We also have a missionary activity this friday! Each quorum/organization will have a billboard in the gym and people will come in and watch the displays and such. It should help out our branch and get them motivated!
  Oh yeah mom! My white shirt pocket are tearing at the seams, HOWEVER I am fixing them with the sewing kit you made for me!!! I know, I know its amazing. Just thought I would let you know, you'd be so proud of me!
  Thats all I got for now! Thanks for taking care of my expenses and all the other support! The side bag should get in today and I printed off the conversion story. Thanks for everything.

Love,
Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment