Sunday, August 11, 2013

July 15, 2013

Dear Family,

  Thanks for sending the sideback. I don't know why they took out backpacks. They probably make us look like students, or even terrorists for that matter I guess, or more enticing to rob...if that makes any sense.
  I'm sorry, but I forgot my camera again. I'll send the mustang pictures next week.
  We had our first interviews with our new mission president this past week! He is great! I really like him. He is really focused on following the Spirit. In our interview, he said that he felt impressed to share with me that my mission (thusfar) was more than acceptable to the Lord. That was very nice to hear, especially with being in this area for so long. It's been really, really hard.
  Speaking of the area, this past week was really hard but Sunday made up for it all! Our Ward Mission Leader spoke for us at Priesthood executive meeting and got the branch more involved in the work, we got a missionary fireside planned for the branch, we spoke with the Stake President and got him on our side (He wasn't focused on missionary work but now he is all for it), and our family we found showed up to church! We then had a lesson later and put 3 of them on date! Later that day we found another lady who is visiting her member family and set up a return appointment for tonight! And also the branch council that was cancelled got rescheduled for tomorrow! It was an exciting day and it finally feels that the area is picking up and the members seem excited and want to help us.
  That's whats been going on in my neck of the woods! Thanks for all the support as always!
Love,
Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment