Tuesday, March 26, 2013

March 18, 2013


Dear Family,

  So actually the internet usage announcement was church wide I believe. We now have the same guidelines that Hilary has, just we need permission to email people of the opposite sex that live within the mission boundaries. No now with more time, and I'm bring my "Something to write home about" card I can hopefully think of more things to write!
  I actually don't get cabin fever, namely because whenever it's bad weather we just can't drive however WALKING is for everyone at anytime! Haha we go walking in blizzards. However, since it's getting warmer we don't have so much of that anymore!
  So an explanation for last week. There was another Emergency transfer last week so I wasn't really focused during emailing so that's why it may have been dull. I honestly don't know what happened in regards to the ET, no leadership called me about what was going on but I know that I wasn't doing anything bad. I'm now right next door to my old area in Riverton! I'm in another branch so it's a little small but its a good branch. The area is fairy slow since there aren't many spanish speakers but I'm not getting down on that. The area is kinda like farm land mixed with neighborhoods. I guess it can relate to Elgin or Burnett. The houses are nice though. Rich white members mostly. We have a car thankfully but it's nice to just go walking when its warm and tract because it's a good looking area.
  Had some fun experiences this week. We tracted into a polygamist group!!! It was so weird but they were super friendly. It was kinda obvious that it was a polygamist area because there were over 4 billion kids...ok more like 30 and thats being realistic. Apparently that is a polygamist temple or something in our area too. Something that also happened yesterday, we went into someones backyard to visit a less active family and they had two massive arctic dogs! They were super friendly. Overly friendly. The jumped up on me and wouldn't stop licking my face! I would run away but they would follow me! I tried to juke them when they jumped at me but I couldn't evade them. So my comp held the gate open and I went running out as he closed the gate on the dogs. Oh yeah my new companion has been out for 5 months total and is from Melbourn Australia. Did Matt serve there? His Aus. accent mixed with his spanish is hilarious.
  Bleh thats all I got. I need y'all to ask more questions, and I need to start writing stuff down again so I can have more to write. I'm so forgetful! Oh my trainer from Colombia is coming up next week and I get to see him!!!
That's all I got for now!
Love y'all!

Love,
Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment