Tuesday, March 26, 2013

March 11, 2013


Dear Family,

  Haha I'm doing good on notes. It's true though, we have a lot of visitors come to our mission. My trainer said that during the course of his mission, he had seen 10 of the 12 apostles at mission conferences.
  We haven't gotten any news on who gets to go to conference yet. President Miller though just may get tickets for everyone! Since I went last year I may not go this year, but I don't know how the ticket things work here in the mission. We'll probably find out next week though or the week before conference.
  So our plan for today, we're getting haircuts from a nice lady in West Jordan (she does them for free), then at 2 we're having a zone activity at the local institute building and we're having pizza and stuff like that so it'll be fun. Usually when the weather is bad we just play a board game or write letters at our houses.
  I can't think of anything specific that I want for easter, so I'll just say surprise me! And I have been successful in not eating with a tongan family lately. I'm actually starting to get fat though! I wish I could be back on a bike, that made things easier.
  This past week was a little slow just like the rest, but we're picking up though. Some families are coming into play, that we'll start teaching soon. Usually mom, when we go tracting, it's down a specific street that we believe may have spanish speakers. We don't have too many in our area so we gotta look hard for them. At first door approaches, I usually always start off in english. If I notice they have a spanish accent, then I'll ask if they speak spanish and go from there. It's not too complicated though and the people usually help out. They start off by saying 'hi" or "hola" or "not interested" or just a door slam! It's fun though. It's fun to meet such interesting people.
  That's about all I got for now! I'll talk to y'all next week!
Love,
Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment