Monday, November 26, 2012

November 19, 2012


Dear Family,

  Well, in case I have my stomach explodes this thursday, I would like to say thanks for all the support and that I love y'all.

  Well, to be honest, I wish I could be there to help put up the siding. I miss building stuff and working with tools!
  So mom, the lady that gave us the vegetable drink was my landlord in west valley, and she's 90 so she's nuts about nutrition. So my companions have been from Bogota Colombia, Mexico City Mexico, Kuntucky, Washington, and North Carolina. And about your comment on my MTC companion, yes he did go to Houston so he probably did talk to that family! Small world.
  Well bad news for the investigators that we have. As for all other spanish people here, they got new jobs and all started working on sundays so none of them came to church and they all fell off date for baptism! Ah well. We're gonna keep working with them anyways. They're prepared its just rough because of what they have to go through in order to survive here.
  So on monday, I had an awesome haircut at sports clips! I got my hair washed and dried and it just felt awesome! Tuesday, the day before we were gonna move out of our house to an apartment, we got a call saying that we had a new house to move in to! Wednesday, we moved into our new basement in another house and spent the entire day moving stuff! Fun fun. Thursday, I had a long baptismal interview for a kid who had many problems with commandments and helped him through it and we also chased someone's dogs. Friday, I did 6 baptismal interviews. Then with one lady, she answered yes to question 4 on the baptismal interview which deals with abortion/homosexual relation/serious crime. So I called the mission presidency to have them do the interview, however what they told me was not what I expected. They said that they couldn't get there in time so they told me to represent THEM and decide if the lady was ready for baptism! So I had to get into details about what this lady had done. It's a sad story that I won't share out of respect for the lady, but she told me of her experience with repentance and how she had changed. It was a moving and intense experience with the Spirit. Saturday, I helped an elder in my district who's been having some trouble. Sunday, the branch had a primary activity. While they were singing a song, one of the kids went up and started playing the organ!!! It was so funny! I just started cracking up on the translating headset. It was a fun meeting.
  Hope y'all are doing well! Have fun with the siding!

Love, Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment