Monday, November 26, 2012

November 12, 2012


Dear Family,

  SNOW!!!!! Man it snowed so much! One of the district leaders in our area wouldn't even drive to exercise in the morning! So when the storm came through we still went out and worked. I left driving up to my comp from N.C, neither of us have experience with driving in the snow. We don't get more mileage in the winter, we keep the same amount each month which is about 1300. I don't even ride a bike now. I still have the one y'all sent and it is hanging in well. We cover about 5 english stakes for our branch, and the area is about the same as the Walnut Creek ward. I work in the Sandy/Draper area.
  My clothes are doing good. My boots are nice and warm, I have socks to spare, the beanie keeps my head warm and dry, gloves keep my hands warm, and my trench coat is warm and sufficient. I think it's safe to say right now that I'm good on clothing.
  For thanksgiving we just go out and work as usual. Only on that day we'll do our best to avoid tongan families. They stuff you and feed you and command you to eat more! It's funny but crazy.
  Also, mom the balloons did work. The helium held up and they came out when I opened it. Thanks for the gifts again.
  So, the worst food that I have had is a drink. It was called a vegetable drink. It consisted of spinach, lettuce, carrots, cauliflower, onions, mozzarella cheese, and boiling hot milk. All of that was blended together. The worst thing ever. Meanwhile, my favorite food has been a soup bowl of possole(I have no idea how to spell it or the ingredients, I'll get back to you on that).
  So on monday, we went to airborn again, a trampoline place and I did my first backflip! On tuesday, I went on an exchange with an english elder and we chopped wood for service! It was fun to swing an axe and split wood. Wednesday, we came in contact with an evil lady who cursed us because we woke up her baby. Thursday we had a lesson with a guy (I'm pretty sure he was high). He wanted to go to church at the big white building (Jordan River Temple) and he went off on that for a while which was funny. Friday we had the blizzard and put 4 people on date for baptism! Saturday we got grounded as a mission from cars because the roads were too bad and spent most of the first half of the day walking before we got the green light to drive. And of sunday my comp slipped on ice and fell on his back, it was funny!
  That's all for now! Love y'all!

Elder Parks    

No comments:

Post a Comment