Thursday, July 26, 2012

July 16, 2012


Dear Family,
 
  So I've been doing good recently. I had a very good companionship inventory with him. From talking with my leaders, apparently my companion has had many problems with his pride in the past few months. And, according to President's Messages, this Elder was sent to me to be corrected....crazy. He very humbly talked about his pride with me and ask me for ways that I could help. We are getting along well and this is looking to be a good exchange.
  Glad y'all saw my terrible picture on the mission blog! Yes I have a very nice neck line tan thanks to all the collard shirts. I do have sunscreen, I AM using it, and also I'm fine without sunglasses.
  This week was sad and happy. That couple that we were teaching that only needed to get divorce papers, well they moved to a different area so now we can't teach them anymore. It's sad but it's OK! As long as they get baptized it's cool! Now, we have an elect 12 year-old! Despite getting 3 hours of sleep before church, he still came! And he read 10 chapters by himself in the Book of Mormon! We're excited with his progress.
  Yeah other than that, it was an uneventful week. We dropped 6 people this week because they just weren't progressing. In time they'll be ready, perhaps they're just waiting for a different missionary.
  Oh and by the way, the meth lab explosion, the news says it was a BBQ accident. FALSE! The police wouldn't make a crime scene out of that, nor would they arrest two people who both tried to run away, plus a BBQ accident wouldn't leave a massive hole on the second floor of the apartment complex.
  Oh yeah, I heard yesterday from our landlord something interesting. Her sister had stake conference down in St. George and Elder Bednar was the speaker. During his talk, Elder Bednar said that something big was coming in November...not sure how accurate that is or whether it pertains to the elections or not but I thought it would be fun to put this it.
Sorry this one is short. This area is starting to get old and a little boring. Need to spice it up a bit.

Con amor,
Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment