Monday, October 22, 2012

October 15, 2012


Dear Family,

  So this past week has been pretty busy! I did 5 baptism interviews this past week for Elders in my district! As a district we are projecting 19 baptisms for this month! That accounts for more than half the zone! We have a family right now who are super prepared! When we were having our lesson with them this past week, the wife told us that she knows the Book of Mormon is true, she knows that Joseph Smith was a prophet, and that she can´t wait to be baptized! I have no clue how some people are so prepared but they somehow are!
  As for an embarrassing story, yesterday at Church, we didn´t have someone that could translate the meeting into english. So they decided to call me up from the stand to do it! Speaking another language, you have your on and off days, and yesterday was a really off day! Then to add insult to injury, an RM was giving a talk but he didn´t speak spanish! So I translated for him and it was horrible! He was quoting scriptures left and right, along with preach my gospel. So yeah it was quite an experience.
  Taylor, we´re going to the temple this week actually so I´ll ask about the plates. However, my mission president said he´d never heard of my theory before so I´m kinda doubting that it´s correct.
  Other than that this week has been kinda uneventful. I liked reading in the book of mormon in 2 Nephi 31. Towards the end of the chapter, Nephi is somehow only talking about going through the Temple. I dont entirely understand it but I´m trying hard to find it all out. Mission President explained it once and my head started hurting.
  Looking forward to mail pick up today! Also, I still haven´t had time to write letters to people so if anyone asks just tell them I´m getting around to it. Also my camera batteries died to I need to buy some more next week before I can send pictures.

Love ya´ll!
Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment