Thursday, May 10, 2012

May 7th


Dear Family,

Well I read all your emails, and just to save on time I'm gonna just
write one long email. Is that ok? Please let me know if y'all want
individual responses because I can do that too.

Taylor, I don't have Sugarhouse in my mission. Sorry about that. As
for In-n-out I haven't seen one here yet HOWEVER we do have many
Chik-fil-a's here and all the CFA's give missionaries 50% off! It's
awesome (I'm not getting fat, I have yet to gain 5 pounds). Speaking
of discounts, skull candy is centered in park city or something like
that (the good headphones company). Missionaries there get a 75%
discount and because of that the mission only allows missionaries who
are about to go home to go out there to purchase stuff. Hopefull the
mission president at the end of my mission has that same rule. So
right now the area I'm serving in is just a single spanish ward that
goes from Taylorsville to West Valley City. They area is pretty
scetchy but it's a lot of fun! So the area I'm in right now I'm at the
corner of my mission and I will remain in my mission after July 1st.
The weird thing is, is that my ward will be divided in half between
the south and the central mission (so for teaching I will have special
permission to teach in both mission areas). The area I'm in will be
the south mission, 2 blocks east will be the central mission, 2 blocks
west will be the west mission and a few blocks north will be the north
mission. I'm truly serving at the edge of everything. The way the
division will work regarding missionaries, is that 70 missionaries are
going from the south (my) mission to the central (new) mission. This
is the scary part. The division will leave about 130 missionaries here
in the south, with around 60+ missionaries coming in the next 2
transfers. So yeah, the odds of me training my 3rd transfer are
extremlely high. Scary huh? How has the testing gone for Matt? If he
does very well, what schools will he be looking at?

Let's see interesting things going on the mission...we have our first
baptism this saturday! Also, we have 10 people on date so these next
few months will be busy. Hm...I had another flat tire this week, this
time it was the back tire. Everything is ok though thanks to bandaids.

So times up for me! I will hear y'all on sunday!

Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment