Sunday, June 30, 2013

June 10, 2013

Dear Family,

  So I'm starting my 4th month in this area. I believe though I may be moved next week since this is a 4 week transfer. Who knows, only time will tell.
  The 40 day fast is going along. It's hard though. I should have known all the opposition would come in when I started it! The 10 items I put down to work on, all of a sudden became the hardest things in my life! For example, I set a goal to talk to everyone that I saw on the street! It use to not be a problem to me but now its the hardest thing ever! Satan.... I'm still working on it though and will come out on top.
  To help get the missionary work going in our area, we are setting up a missionary focused fireside next week! We'll have talks given by some members, ask converts to share their testimonies, and then we'll teach the members to have people skills so they can share the gospel with their friends or invite them to activities, etc. It should be fun! We have our ward mission leader in on it and we have our Elder's quorum president backing us up on it.
  We found another 17-year-old to teach this past week! He is a rugby player (which allowed my companion to start the conversation) and he and my companion had friends in common. One of those friends just received a mission call and agreed to help us bring his friend into the gospel. He's looking solid right now, just as long as the friend helps us out.
  I love this area, and I really love just serving. It's been such a great experience. So much has been learned in the scriptures, about people, about life skills in general. It's been such a blast, and back at the beginning, I thought I couldn't make it to the end. Now I don't see anything stopping me from finishing strong!
  Keep the faith! Love y'all!

Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment