Sunday, June 17, 2012

June 11th, 2012


Dear Family,

  Well, not much to report on this week. With the loss of some progressing investigators and some baptisms, we've been looking a lot recently for new investigators. We must have talked to over 100 people this week and didn't have very much success. We knocked many doors, talked to a lot of former investigators and contacted many people. My companion though told me that when this has happened in the past, the next transfer in that area will usually be very fruitful. So there is hope! Oh and news regarding next transfer, my zone leaders told me to memorize the area and learn Spanish fast....I'm 99.999999999% sure that I will be training.
  Mom, I'm good on everything in my apartment. The landlord gives us everything we need and more.
 We do have sister missionaries they just aren't in our district. Our district leader covers half of our Spanish ward (one English stake) and the sister missionaries cover the other half of our area. So we sent referrals to both companionships.
  Had an interesting experience yesterday with a Hindu lady. She was gather grass clippings (???) in her yard when we tried talking to her. As we approached her, she ran into her house and looked at us through the partly opened door. This process repeated for about 15 minutes before we left.

Thanks for all you're doing and all the support. Love y'all

Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment